Brown Rice Lentil Cakes
Brown rice lentil cakes (makes 12 - 15)
I made these for my family and they absolutely loved them! Amazing in a buddha bowl with a dollop or coconut yoghurt or even in as a burger patty..
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 cup brown lentils OR 1 BPA free can of brown lentils
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 large brown onion
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 3 tbs natural sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbs tamari
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Cook the brown rice and lentils. (unless using canned lentils)
- Sauté the brown onion.
- Once the rice and lentils are ready, combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Roll a small handful of the mixture in your hands and place on the tray.
- Press down with a fork and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for around 30 - 40 mins or until firm and crispy.
Serve with coconut yoghurt and a large fresh salad.
Note: To avoid to much spice, simply replace the 3 tbs sweet chilli with 1 tbs sweet chilli and 1 tbs pure maple syrup.